Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
TICKET TERMS & CONDITIONS - PLEASE READ
- Proof of age may be required for all ticket types. Please ensure that you have ID with you in case you are asked. Failure to provide such ID may result in you being asked to leave the festival.
Valid forms of ID include:
- An in date photographic driver’s license or provisional licence.
- A valid passport (not a photocopy). Out of date passports will NOT be accepted.
- A Proof of Age Standards Scheme Card (showing the PASS hologram).
- We will be operating and enforcing a strict Challenge 25policy at Gloworm Festival. If you can’t provide valid identification when asked, you will be asked to leave the site and come back with your ID. So if you are lucky enough to look 25 or younger, please make sure that you bring an acceptable form of identification.
- Chlld Tickets can only be purchased by an appropriately aged adult (see points below).
- By purchasing a Child or 2 and under Ticket you are confirming that you are either the parent, legal guardian or nominated guardian of the child for whom you are purchasing.
- Ticket holders under the age of 18 can only enter the festival with the person who purchased their ticket i.e. their parent, legal guardian or nominated guardian. Any under 18 ticket holders attempting to enter the festival without this person will be denied entry to the festival. For safety reasons, any persons attempting to enter the festival with a Child Ticket holder that they are not the parent, legal guardian or nominated guardian for will be denied entry.
- All Children Ticket holders MUST camp in the same area as their parent, guardian or nominated guardian. A maximum of 4 Children Ticket holders per adult - MUST be the parent, legal guardian or appointed guardian.
- Children are not allowed in the arena or campsites unaccompanied by an adult.
- Prior written permission is needed by Gloworm Events Ltd to use Gloworm Festival tickets in any sales promotions, media, marketing, reward programmes, staff incentives, raffles, auctions or general competitions. 'Gloworm Festival’ is a registered trademark; the Gloworm Festival logo and any related Gloworm Festival artwork cannot be used without written permission of Gloworm Events Ltd.
- Tickets and wristbands are strictly non-refundable.
General Terms and Conditions
- Right of admission reserved (R.O.A.R.)
- Gloworm Festival is designed for people to have a good time. Anti social behaviour will not be tolerated and you will be ejected without refund.
- No admission without a valid ticket.
- Weekend Ticket holders (Friday): Car parks and campsites open at midday on Friday 16th August 2019.
- Campsites close at midday and Car Parks close at 1pm on Monday 19th August 2019.
- Children 2 and under can attend free of charge but you must obtain a ticket for them.
- Ticket holders (including all minors) agree to the use of their actual or simulated likeness in connection with the production, exhibition, advertising and/or exploitation of any photos, film, video and/or audio recording of this event and/or any element thereof in any/all media throughout the world.
- Guests may be searched on entry to the event. If you are in possession of illegal substances you may be arrested.
- You are allowed to bring in your own alcohol (for personal consumption in the camping fields) but only up to reasonable amount per person. Once you have entered the event you cannot re-enter with more alcohol supplies.
- The following items are not permitted at Gloworm: illegal drugs or physchoactive substances, laughing gas/NOS, Chinese lanterns, fireworks/flares, smoke canisters, camping gas canisters above 5kg, generators of any kind, portable/chemical toilets, beanbags, glass of any kind, drones, laser equipment or pens, inflatable chairs / loungers, paint spray cans, klaxons / air horns / megaphones (or other similar items capable of making loud noise), personal motorized vehicles (unless a mobility scooter), animals (with the exception of assistance dogs), large sound systems, unauthorised or professional film or video equipment, excessive amounts of alcohol (see point 11), high visibility bibs and jackets, poles, banners and flags (small static flag poles in the campsites are allowed), and any item which may reasonably be considered for use as a weapon (see point 14 regarding cooking knives).
- You will not be allowed to bring in glass bottles or any kind. Broken glass is very dangerous for kids and for animals who will be using the estate and fields after the event. Leave all glass in the car, decant it into reusable containers or bin it. There are no exceptions.
- Knives (with a sharp or pointed blade) up to a blade length of 6cm are allowed into the campsites for use in cooking (eg. table knife, small paring knife). These are not allowed into the arenas.
- Alcohol cannot be brought into the arenas from the campsite. There are fully licensed bars available for you.
- Due to on site sanitary and hygiene considerations, personal portable toilet units are not permitted to be brought onto the festival site.
- No fires, flares, fireworks, chinese lanterns, naked flames etc are allowed. There are dedicated BBQ zones in the campsites where you'll be able to go to use small BBQs – your BBQ MUST be at least 1ft off the ground. For safety reasons, you must NOT have a disposable BBQ placed directly on the grass. Please dispose of them in the BBQ bins once completely extinguished. You are welcome to safely use small camping stoves outside your tent.
- Caravans and Trailer Tents are permitted but can only be taken into the Caravan/Trailer Tent area.
- No pet animals are allowed on the festival site other than assistance dogs.
- Built-in chemical toilets are permitted in the campervan and caravan fields only.
- The promoter reserves the right to change the line up without notification.
- Tickets and wristbands are strictly non-refundable.
- Your safety is of utmost important to us. On rare occasions we may have to close arenas and/or stages. The reason for any closure or restriction may include technical or operational reasons, inclement weather, capacity, or to ensure the safety and security of guests or if Gloworm Festival organisers reasonably consider the circumstances so require.
- Gloworm accepts no responsibility for any loss and/or damage suffered by you as a result of any event outside our control. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- All artists, performers, workshops and activities advertised at the festival are subject to change.
- We politely ask that people who set up large areas of camping chairs and blankets in the main arena do not do so when popular acts are performing.
- Please do not climb the flag poles.
- Warning - exposure to loud and excessive music may be damaging to your hearing.
- Parents are reminded that there are areas of the festival site, especially immediately in front of the stages, that are inappropriate for some people including young children.
- We remind all performers to remember there are children present and to use appropriate language, however we cannot ensure they will follow this advice. Some of our acts' material may not be suitable for younger audiences (and some adults).
- Strobe lighting and lasers may be used at the festival.
- Thoresby Park is a beautiful natural site and we want to keep it that way so please help us by keeping it clean and recycling/composting what you can.
Child Safeguarding Policy Statement
Gloworm Festival offers family based experiences which attract children and young people. We are committed to creating an environment which ensures all children can enjoy themselves in a safe and secure environment that prevents children being at risk from any form of harm or abuse.
Refunds & Cancellation
- Tickets are sold subject to our right to alter or vary the published Event programme without notification which may result in changes to the performance line-up, playing times or any other aspect of the Event. We reserve all rights in this regard. Any published start times of a performance at the Event are estimates and subject to change. We shall not be liable for any change of a published start time or change to the artists scheduled to perform. No scheduled acts may be considered as headline acts regardless of their relative fame or prominence in the billing and so cancellation by an artist or performer will not entitle you to a refund.
- We reserve the right to make alterations to the time, date, duration and Venue of the Event or other details governed by any Ticket in the event of unforeseen or other circumstances, including (without limitation), Force Majeure, safety and security concerns or decisions from any Authorised Person or other competent authority. In the event of such alteration, neither we nor the Official Ticketing Agent will be liable to the Ticket Holder or any other person for any costs, expenses or other losses resulting from such alteration, except to the extent set out in paragraph 20 of these Conditions.
- As soon as possible after we become aware of postponement, rescheduling or cancellation of the Event, all available information will be posted on www.glowormfestival.co.uk but it is the responsibility of the Ticket Holder to ascertain whether the Event has been postponed, rescheduled or cancelled and any new dates, times, and venue.
- A Ticket will not be exchanged or refunded if:
a) after the Event has started, it is stopped for any reason and is not completed the same day;
b) on any day of the Event, the start time is delayed for any reason;
c) the start time (but not the date) of the Event changes after the date the Ticket was purchased; or d) the Ticket is used for entry into the Venue.
- We shall only be required to refund a Ticket Purchaser (on application by the Ticket Purchaser) with the Face Value of the relevant Ticket, in the following circumstances:
- if the Event is cancelled before the Event has started;
- if the Ticket is for an Event which is postponed before the Event has started and the Event is rescheduled to another date(whether at the Venue or at a different venue) subject to the Ticket Purchaser’s election under paragraph 21 of theseConditions; or
- if the Ticket Purchaser is otherwise entitled to a refund under applicable law.
- If the Event is postponed before the Event starts and the Event is rescheduled to another date (whether at the Venue or at a different venue), the Ticket Holder may elect to either:
- use the existing Ticket fort he rescheduled Event if the Event is rescheduled for another date but at the Venue ;or
- If the Event is rescheduled to a different venue and there are insufficient Tickets available, or the Ticket Holder is unable to attend any rescheduled Event (whether at the Venue or at a different venue), the Ticket Purchaser shall be entitled to apply for a refund pursuant to sub-paragraph 20.b) of these Conditions.
- We shall not be required to refund any fees or charges paid in addition to the Face Value of the Ticket (for example, any Handling Fee or postage or courier charges) except where required by applicable law. No interest or costs will be payable in respect of any monies refunded.
- Where paragraph 20 of these Conditions applies, only the original Ticket Purchaser may apply for a refund. If we initiate a refund process under sub-paragraphs 20.a), 20.b) or 20.c) of these Conditions, the Ticket Purchaser will be advised of the process and the prescribed deadline for refund applications through the media or via direct communication within 10 working days of the cancellation or rescheduling of the Event. The Ticket Purchaser must follow the prescribed process and deadline and produce the original Ticket in order to be eligible for a refund. We shall not be required to issue a refund in relation to any Ticket which we reasonably believe has been the subject of a sale, transfer or disposal in breach of paragraphs 12 or 14 of these Conditions
- Promotions, deals or discounted offers are provided at our discretion. All such offers are subject to availability and may be withdrawn by us at any time. Retrospective refunds are not permitted against any offer or promotion advertised after a booking is made.